The Ultimate Guide to 4 Wheeler GPS Trackers
When it comes to off-roading, having a GPS tracker on your 4 wheeler can be incredibly helpful. It can help you keep track of where you are going and can even alert others if you need assistance. Here is your ultimate guide to 4 wheeler GPS trackers.
Types of GPS Trackers
There are several different types of GPS trackers available for 4 wheelers, each with their own unique features. Here are some of the most common types:
1. Real-Time GPS Trackers – These trackers allow you to see the location of your 4 wheeler in real-time. This is especially useful if you are going on a long trip and want to make sure you are on the right path.
2. OBD II GPS Trackers – These trackers plug into your 4 wheeler’s OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) port and can give you information about your vehicle’s performance, location, and more.
3. Portable GPS Trackers – These are small GPS trackers that you can take with you on your off-road adventures. They can be attached to your backpack, clothing, or even your 4 wheeler.
4. Hardwired GPS Trackers – These trackers are installed directly onto your 4 wheeler and are wired into the vehicle’s electrical system. They are more difficult to install but offer more reliable tracking capabilities.
Features to Look For
When choosing a GPS tracker for your 4 wheeler, there are several features to look for. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Battery Life – If you are going on a long trip, you want a GPS tracker with a long battery life so that it will continue to work as long as you need it to.
2. Water Resistance – Since off-roading often involves water, mud, and other hazards, you want a GPS tracker that is water-resistant.
3. Durability – Your GPS tracker needs to be able to withstand rough terrain and other hazards.
4. Geofencing – Some GPS trackers come with geofencing capabilities, which allow you to set up a virtual boundary around your 4 wheeler. If the vehicle moves beyond this boundary, you will receive an alert.
5. Emergency Assistance – Look for a GPS tracker that has emergency assistance capabilities. This will allow you to contact emergency services if you need assistance while off-roading.
A GPS tracker is an important tool for any off-roader. With the right GPS tracker, you can keep track of where you are going, ensure your safety on the trails, and even get emergency assistance if needed. By considering the different types of GPS trackers available and the features they offer, you can find the perfect GPS tracker for your 4 wheeler.